Monday, December 4, 2017

December Dialogue

On the 4th day of December, my true love said to me: 


PW (Potter's Wife): Can you make me another coffee this morning?

P (Potter): Sure

PW: It's a two cup kind of Monday.

P: A strong one? 

PW: Yes, and some latte art too. 

P: Ha, Ha

PW: I love the way the tawny crema looks in these white porcelain cups. Its such a contrast. 

P: A good pot should be able to stand on its own. That's what these cups are about. Take away all the distraction of a busy surface. Clear glaze over a pure porcelain body. Fired atmospherically, but you wouldn't know except for a tiny bit of carbon trapping on the bottom. 

PW: But this surface is still complex. Look at the crackle in the glaze. And there is movement in the form, it looks soft. 

P: I'm trying to capture that fluidity of wet porcelain on the wheel. Even after its fired, it still speaks of softness. 

PW: And what's with the saucer?

P: I don't know, just a trying it on for size. 

PW: Hmm

Cup & Saucer $60
To purchase email robin@robindupont.com
Locals Special: Free coffee made by Robin with purchase



No comments: