- I have a hole in my heart.
- I have been hiking in Alaska, surfing in Costa Rica, sky diving in New Zealand and skinny dipping in Scandinavia.
- Robin and I first met when we were 16 in the stairwell of his high school - a mutual friend’s attempt to set us up. I ended up dating his best friend. Timing is everything.
- When I walk, I only swing my right arm. my left arm remains stationary at my side. A physiotherapist discovered this when I was being treated for bursitis in my left heel. Weird!
- I sang Peggy Lee’s “Fever” in an underground jazz club once and secretly wish I could do that every weekend.
- I always cheat when I play Monopoly because I think the game takes too long to finish.
- I’ve never been very good at team sports. I tried to play field hockey in high school but ended up running all over the field after the ball with total disregard for playing my “position”. I fared much better at ski racing when it was just me and the clock.
- Sometimes I do things just because I like the sound of it; I once dated a guy because his nickname was “Bubba”, bought a bike because it was called a “Ditchpig” and dyed my hair red because the color name was “Cherry cola”.
- I am not a hot weather person and would way rather go on a ski holiday than sit on a beach and sweat.
- One of my favorite rituals is to sit down with a plump pomegranate and peel it entirely apart without eating a single seed until I’ve collected all the fruit, then I eat the whole bowl with a spoon.
- I love my husband more than anything and would follow him to the ends of the earth, and I do.
- When I was 16 I lived on a small island in the middle of the Baltic Sea where I learned to speak Danish, gained 30 lbs and discovered that there was more to life than what brand of jeans you are wearing. I am forever grateful for that experience, and have a Danish flag tattoo as a souvenier.
- I always wanted my first car to be a fern green 84’ Jetta VW with a ski rack. Instead my first vehicle was a mermaid blue 91’ 2WD Toyota truck. I now drive a silver 2004 TDI Jetta VW with a ski rack. Sweet!
- I like to pretend that I know how to cut hair. I don’t. And I apologize to all those that have experienced this first hand.
- I almost lost a child at birth, cherish your children everyday.
- When I was growing up, my sister and I had nothing in common and I tried my hardest to be different than her in everyway. She is now one of my closest friends, my model for motherhood and the most giving and loving person I know. I would be lost without her.
- I am a mouth breather.
- Sometimes I choose drama over logic, I figure it keeps life interesting.
- If I had an hour to myself I would spend it with a coffee and a pile of cookbooks.
- I never go to bed without first kissing my sleeping children goodnight.
- Some of the people I love the most, live the farthest away.
- I love to knit but only during cold weather months of the year. When I knit my feet move involuntarily with each stitch I make.
- I really want to have laser eye surgery but am still afraid.
- I like to buy my husband really good socks for Christmas each year and then wear them myself.
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up, oh wait – a jazz singer.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
25 random things about me
If you are a facebooker, then you may have come up against this challenge: Come up with 25 random facts about yourself. This is what I came up with......