Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Project complete


well almost, I still have to sew the zipper in, but complete enough to have Roscoe model the sweater I made him. 

Like many of the promises that you make with yourself when you first become a parent;  I promise to never buy toys that require batteries, I promise to never take my kids to McDonalds, I promise to knit my children a new sweater every year until they are age five, you soon realize that they don't always hold.

I have managed to pull this one off though, but it'll likely be his last sweater for awhile anyways. I am quite thrilled with how it turned out, as it was my first attempt with using a cable tool. I made it a size two in order to get another winter out of it considering the many evening hours spent listening to the clackity clack of my knitting needles waiting for Robin to return from the studio. 

  
Perhaps there is a graduate school out there with a program for knitters? I could spend the next two years working on my portfolio of knitting projects and then whisk the family off on a continued graduate school experience in Wales, or Norway. Robin would have to keep up the blog of course.  

5 comments:

www.anns blog said...

You've msde a wonderful job of the cabling.

gladventurer said...

Wow Eden that is great! YOU ARE DEFINITELY ON YOUR WAY TO BECOMING A FAMOUS KNIYYER ! We are leaving Taxco today to head out for the butterflies. Moer later!

kmfm said...

the sweater is beautiful! It was nice chatting with you last night!

LOVEDMUM said...

Nice job! Clickity clack!

Schmoo and Beans Mom said...

See, there's thinking outside the box! Great job!

PS - did you really promise yourself you would never take your kids to McDonalds? Ever?