Sunday, September 7, 2008

Don't doubt a Dyson

Ever heard of a Dyson? If you are or have ever been in the market for a vacuum cleaner in the last few years, then you'll likely have seen or perhaps even testdriven one of these state-of-the-art appliances. Well we are now the proud owners of a practically new Dyson 14. 

Seeing that I've never purchased an upright vacuum cleaner before in my life, and I've always been under the impression that vacuum cleaner salepeople came to your door, I had to get the real deal on what was what in the world of vacuum cleaners from a reputable source. And Dyson was what I was told to buy. (Thanks Wanda)

So I started sourcing them out down here. My first reaction was total shock and awe at the price of these things, I could buy a decent beater car for the same price or a years worth of diapers for that matter! But I kept digging and found out that brand name purchase pricing is what we were dealing with.  So off to the bargain stores I went. The price came down a third at Sam's Club discount store (like a Costco), but still too expensive for our student budget. 

Last on my list was to go online and check craigslist, and sure enough we sourced out a furniture/appliance liquidation sale that was happening this weekend, in Logan. No Kidding! Another early morning with the kids, getting them up and fed and buckled into their carseats to go vacuum cleaner shopping this time, all before 7 a.m. 

I can now vacuum to my heart's content (not sure if that is really a good thing). Perhaps this could turn into a money making opportunity....I could take my Dyson door-to-door and offer to vacuum other people's homes? It is a Dyson afterall.


1 comment:

LOVEDMUM said...

lol you are welcome to come to my door and vacuume anytime!