Monday, September 8, 2008

Daily requests


Everyday I can count on Isla to ask for two things: First if we can go to the park and second if she can have a popsicle (thanks to her recent sore throat experience). She always wins me over on the park, only sometimes on the popsicle request. 

We live a stones throw away from an elementary schoolyard that has three separate playgrounds, all for differing ages and stages is my guess. Isla of course likes the biggest one with the steepest slide. Our daily trip to the park usually means she rides her tricycle and I push Roscoe in the stroller. He's happy as always to follow us around and take in the sights, even if they are the same every time. 

And although we love our local playground, the other day I was surfing around online for things to do in the Cache Valley and I made a great find called Ryan's Place in the neighboring community of River Heights. So this past weekend we all headed over to check it out. 


And what a fabulous find it turned out to be. Ryan's Place is a playground paradise designed and built as a memorial to a small boy from this community that drown a couple years ago. There are all kinds of great climbing and equipment features and an area designed specifically for toddlers. Just a few of the highlights were the rocketship, the dune buggy, the dinosaur sandpit, and even a lounge style swing! I'm sure we'll make it back to Ryan's Place in the days to come. 
 



1 comment:

Schmoo and Beans Mom said...

WOW! I wish I was coming to visit sooner. That park looks amazing.