Monday, August 18, 2008

The Unpacking begins


It's going to take some time to get settled I think. 

Today we managed to unpack most of the kitchen boxes. I chuckled to myself when I realized how few pots we actually brought with us for eating off of. And then Robin returned from his first trip to the school only to announce that they want him to fill a display cabinet of his work. We may be eating off of Isla's IKEA coloured plastic plates for awhile, at least until Robin can get a firing in.

Which sounds like might happen sooner than later. Danny, an undergrad asked him to fire the double wide (train kiln) together in a month. He better get cranking. 

Besides a trip to the school to register for classes and the unpacking of kitchen boxes, we managed to set up our phone, change the utilities into our name,  sign up for a Sam's Club membership (like a Costco) and do a big shop! Productive day, I'd say. 

We'll see what tomorrow brings. 

No comments: