Tuesday, December 12, 2017

December Dialogue


On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love said to me...


P: I forgot to put plastic wrap on those mugs before I left for hockey last night.

PW: Does that mean they will be too dry to attach the handles now?

P: No, I think they'll be okay.

PW: Being a potter is really a job in moisture control, isn't it.

P: It was John Neely that I first heard say that in grad school, when I was his TA. He told his students they had all just signed up for a degree in moisture management.

PW: Well it's a good thing your studio is home based. For all those times you remember in the middle of the night about the plastic wrap.

P: You know me.

PW: Yunomi?

Wood fired Yunomi $45
To purchase, email robin@robindupont.com
For the handleless tea cup lover in your life! 

(Yunomi - Japanese name for informal teacup. Form is taller than it is wide, with a trimmed foot. Handleless.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just came back from local art centre sale, this pictured cup really gives me hope and inspiration ! I have cla too dry,needing to be very dry so I can slake and re-dry it just so to take another run at hitting the intersection of right softness and inspiration...hope the pug mill plug is not too dry to finish plugging last batch before plugging a new mix and moving on . I hope to fire this spring... We all have a laugh about this...