Saturday, November 24, 2012

Let's be friends!

Moving around presents both challenges and opportunities I have learned. And with a family in tow and two sets of little eyes interpreting my every move, I try my best to focus on the opportunities. But let's face it, whether you are 3 or 35, moving away from a support network of loved ones and familiarity means having to put yourself out there whether you want to or not.

I am acutely aware of the 'temporary friend syndrome', where making friends feels like running in an election where your platform states you'll be resigning shortly after being elected to office. Dear potential friends, please consider my circumstances, although I am here for such a short time, I promise to make it a grand time! We'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll make memories and then we'll pack up and move, again!

Funny thing is, this move to Winnipeg has been different. I feel like there was a Friendship box all wrapped up and ready for us to unpack the moment we arrived. No campaign drive necessary. I am so grateful for the friends that have enveloped us into their lives here.

And feeling super grateful for all the folks along the way that have made us feel so loved. Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends this weekend. We miss you!




1 comment:

kmfm said...

you are an easy friend to have Eden...I miss you!