Sunday, May 8, 2011

I am Mommy, hear me roar!

My dream of sleeping in late, breakfast in bed, a leisure morning sipping coffee and flipping through cookbooks didn't exactly happen. Instead I was abruptly woken by a piercing screech that 'Lighting (McQueen) was missing" which set off another piercing screech from the next bedroom, "I'm hungry" and so went the first two hours of my Mother's Day.

But with food in their bellies, an extra long cuddle on the couch and some days events to look forward to, me and the kidlets made a pact to make sure Mother's Day would be a most pleasurable one for all of us.

Although I didn't sleep in late, I did get to enjoy my morning coffee, had helpers to make a batch of homemade granola, and had my own mommy show up to spend the afternoon together in the garden.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. May you have been as lucky as I to spend it with the one person that appreciates being your 'mom' the most.

2 comments:

gladventurer said...

It was a good day Eden and thank you for letting me spend a good portion of our day in your garden with you.
Also enjoyed trekking down through the steep treed mountain side following my four grandchildren.( and back up again)

Uncle Joe said...

Do we see a mother and daughter
resemblance. Me thinks so.

OPA joe in Saskatoon