Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back in the groove

It didn't take us long to pick up where we left off four months ago and seem to have easily fallen back into our Logan lives as though we never even left. We have visited all our favourite spots in the course of this first week back; the ice cream shop, the Mexican hole-in-the-wall restaurant, the pool. We even started up our ol' Sunday Supper tradition again tonight and made fresh pasta with local eggplant, tomatoes and basil that we'd picked up from the Gardener's market.

With each beginning of the school year here, it seems to get easier. Especially with all the unanticipated events of the last two weeks, I am surprised to find how at ease I feel being back in our place here in Utah. It truly feels like home. The kids have seamlessly slipped back into their day and nighttime routines, sleeping better and eating healthier. Despite the initial frustration of having my surgery delayed, I am indeed grateful for the little bit of down time granted.

Robin is fully back into the swing of things in the studio, teaching and making pots. He's also putting together his thesis proposal right now with the intent to graduate at the end of this semester. With that as the goal, I'm realizing that our little brick house won't be our home for much longer, and I'm already tuning into some of the things that I'll miss.

No comments: