Sunday, April 19, 2009

Family Portrait

Here we are, the DuPonts of Logan. Parents, kids, rubber boots and pots. Says it all doesn't it?
 
This past friday we went to see Cody's year end exhibit (Cody is the photographer that took this portrait at our house about a month ago) . His show was set up in the lower level of the library here on campus and featured seven portraits. The family shot didn't quite make the cut as the concept of the show was to shoot ceramic students and their work.  Instead there was a photo of Robin looking intently down at a large jar propped on his knee. Cody did say although that he was most pleased with how this photo turned out and was happy to make a print for us. 

After the photography exhibit we headed home to put the kids to bed, greet the babysitter and head back out to another opening. Tony Clennell, another ceramic graduate student (and fellow canuck) was having his MFA thesis show at an art gallery downtown. There was quite a buzz when we arrived as the show coincided with the annual Logan artwalk and there were people milling about everywhere it seemed. 

After the show we joined the rest of the ceramics department at one of the faculty's homes for the afterparty. It was a late night and I have spent much of the remainder of the weekend recovering. I just don't seem to be able to bounce back like I used to.  I shouldn't be surprised, here I am posing for family portraits and instructing babysitters to help themselves to the food in the cupboards. ACK! Some days I really wonder how did I get to this point in life without realizing it?????

Thankfully it's been warm and sunny the last couple of days and I was able to spend most of the weekend lounging about on the new patio chairs that my mom gifted us while she was visiting. Thanks Mom! At least having a mom to spoil me every so often makes me feel not that old. 

2 comments:

Schmoo and Beans Mom said...

I love this picture!

Anonymous said...

kids and pots... it doesn't get any better