Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Snowstorms and sniffles

Apparently, the two days we chose to make the drive back down to Utah turned out to be our best shot. We narrowly escaped big snowstorms on either end, and despite some sketchy icy sections of the interstate in Montana, at least the skies were calm. 

That is not the case now. It has been snowing for the last two days here in Logan with no end in sight. When I spoke to my sister on the phone this afternoon she informed me that it is puking snow in the Kootenays. Hooray for faceshots! Too bad I won't be getting any powder days up at the hill anytime soon. 

Nope, it looks like the forecast for me is for wiping runny noses and spending lots of cuddle time on the couch with my two little sickies. Both Isla and Roscoe returned with miserable colds, and I fear that Isla's has evolved into an ear infection. We've been laying low, needless to say. Doing lots of laundry, rediscovering forgotten toys and watching videos on the couch. 
  
Meanwhile Robin is back in the fire. He started teaching again yesterday and is registered for (gulp) 12 credits this semester. Looks like we won't be seeing much of him. 

3 comments:

Adam Field said...

Glad to hear that you were able to dodge the storms and made it safely back to Logan, sorry you didn't dodge the colds, if it's any consolation, we are all in the same boat here in the Field household.

The Unknown Potter said...

Glad your drive was safe- enjoying your blog..and the the timeline summary. Jim sent me some photos of Robins pots-inspiring!
daniel

Schmoo and Beans Mom said...

I hope the sniffles start getting better soon, instead of worse!

Miss you.