Wednesday, October 26, 2011

We Remember

Grieving is like a blow to the face and warm embrace at the same time. The rawness of loss so overwhelming that it knocks you on your ass, only to emerge stronger and more aware of what's really important in life. You would think that since death provokes such strong emotions, that we'd have a clear channel through which to express them. Yet the tears lead to sobs, which lead to uncontrollable fits of laughter, and then tears again. What's up with that?!?

I have felt such sadness this past week that my heart still aches, but I have also felt such love that I am filled with gratitude. So grateful to have spent time with Bob's incredible family, getting to know them better. So grateful to share hugs and tears with friends, but just as much laughter and stories - remembering a man that could make you laugh until it hurt. So grateful to see a community of people come together to celebrate an individual that meant so much to so many people. And the beauty of such a tragic loss is that those who knew our friend Bob will undoubtedly mourn him, but be inspired to be more like he was - remarkable, generous and loving.

1 comment:

gladventurer said...

Eden your blog today brought a lump in my throat and a small tear to my eyes. Thank you for being you. I have read and re read the the entries in Bobwerememberyou.