Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What's missing?

Roscoe here is having a good ol' chat with his buddy Buzz Lightyear, informing him of how he no longer wears diapers. NO MORE DIAPERS! I can hardly believe it myself. I have endured five solid years of diapering, and I can now say we are at last a diaper free family.

With much help from my mom (and a few bribes) this fall, we were able to potty train Roscoe. But I am most proud of his own accomplishment of night training himself - he's been sporting underpants through the night since we arrived back in Utah with no accidents! Way to go Roscoe!!!!!!

My boy has grown up in more ways than just this it seems lately. I catch myself often marvelling at his language and detailed descriptions of the world, his agility and bravery on the playground and his eagerness to take on new adventures. We decided to enroll him a few mornings a week at the same facility that Isla is attending. Last week was his first experience in this kind of setting ever and he was both curious and successful.

Despite the lump in my throat when I dropped him there that first morning, he seemed ready and confident in his own sweet and humble way. And although my heart still sometimes pangs at seeing him so grown up, he is indeed showing his mama in so many ways that he's ready to take on the world.

To infinity and beyond!!!!

No comments: