Monday, July 5, 2010

A few farewells

Since the last post we've said goodbye a fair few times. First on Thursday to all the Medalta residents last Thursday when we took off over the prairie to visit some very good friends and relatives in Saskatoon.  Then on Friday, after a delightful evening with my aunt and uncle who cooked us up a gourmet meal like no other, we said our farewells to them. On Saturday we drove east and north of Saskatoon to the picturesque town of Lake Lenore, dodging highway closures and detouring around sections of highway, totally underwater, to finally arrive at the pottery mecca and home of Martin Tagseth. After a fabulous day with his family checking out his dance hall studio, kilns, garden and home, we bid our adieu to them. On Sunday we woke early to relish a final morning coffee and breakfast with our beloved friends the Terepockis, who had played host to us the entire weekend and sadly said goodbye to them to head back west over the green prairies. It was a whirlwind weekend of giggling girls, Carousel rides, getting lost out on the prairie, late night chin wags, fabulous meals and cherished friends and family time.

After a quick overnight in Calgary last night, I woke up early this morning to say a teary goodbye to my husband who is headed back to Medicine Hat as a write this to continue with the next exciting residency happenings at Medalta. I didn't realize how choked up I was going to be to see him drive off. The kids and I are continuing on our road trip for the next three weeks and we'll miss having him in the driver's seat for sure. I'm also going to miss my little camera that mistakenly went with him back to Medicine Hat. I'll be at the mercy of my family members to help capture any visual images of our next adventures. 

No comments: