Monday, November 10, 2008

My Week Without the Web

I can't believe it has been a whole week since I've been able to blog. Actually yes I can believe it, because I've been experiencing web withdrawl for the last 6 days. We've been having some "issues" with our internet connection and have to find a new wireless provider. Don't worry - it is the first thing on my to do list. 

Thankfully, we have had our most wonderful friends the Elders (Sue, Krispen, Tamias and Foster) visiting from back home (Slocan Valley) this week to distract me from my web woes. They arrived last Tuesday, just in time to watch the election go down and make history. 

They were here visiting for six days in total. It was fabulous to have them come and stay and our little house didn't seem little at all, accommodating both families quite easily. They have two small boys, Tamias (3 years) and Foster (15 months). Isla and Tamias, being very comfortable with one another, fell quickly into sibling roles, with only a few minor sharing issues to deal with. Roscoe watched his buddy Foster toddle around the house, envious of his superior mobility. I am sure this might spur on some early walking for Roscoe. Sue and I shared our days and parenting duties and of course several bottles of wine. And Krispen was ever so helpful and willing to let us girls decide the days events. For that he was rewarded a bike ride in the Utah mountains behind our house, and a night out to see a ski flick. 

We did celebrate Isla's third birthday on Saturday afternoon with a party. Chocolate cake, pin the tail on the donkey, presents - what more could a kid ask for.   Her actual birthday is tomorrow, which for Isla, that means more cake! Hurray. 

Here is a look at our week with the Elders in photos:















1 comment:

Schmoo and Beans Mom said...

Great pictures. The kids look great. Glad to hear the visit was a success. Sorry to hear about the internet. I hope Isla has a wonderful birthday today.