Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mommy's night out

Last night started out like any other night for me and the kids. We'd been out in the late afternoon for a walk around the neighborhood and a pitstop at the playground. As the sun started to set, we headed for home and began the dinner making process. Isla and I danced around the kitchen to Mason Jennings, while more and more ingredients landed themselves in the stew pot and Roscoe looked on with delight from his highchair.

Then there was the bath routine, a good scrub behind the ears and a chance to play with the new floating blocks that Isla received for her birthday. Into their pj's and several books later, Roscoe went down like a dream and Isla waited up patiently for her daddy to arrive home from a productive day at school. With his arrival, all I had left to do was brush Isla's teeth, tuck her safely into bed and sneak out the backdoor!

With a bottle of wine tucked into my jacket, I made the 5 minute walk to my friend Wyatt's house for a girl's night out. There were four of us that enjoyed a fabulous evening of scrumptious food, kid-free conversation, belly laughter and wine consumption. I teetered home around midnight and slipped into bed, somewhat worried about how fast the morning would arrive. My luck continued and Robin got up with the kids and let me sleep in this morning. Thanks to the dada and to my new friends for a fun night out. 


 
 

No comments: